Tourists held, sexually assaulted in Rio
Rio De Janeiro: Police say two foreign tourists were held for hours, brutalized and one of them sexually assaulted on public transport after being picked up in Rio de Janeiro`s showcase Copacabana beach neighbourhood.
A police statement says two men aged 20 and 22 have been taken into custody in connection to the incident. Police say the two foreigners were held for around six hours early Saturday after they boarded a public transport van in Copacabana.
The statement says the pair forced other passengers to get off and then proceeded to sexually assault the female tourist inside the van.
The nationalities of the victims have not been released, but local media reports have said the woman is American.
Multiple calls to the police seeking further detail today have not been returned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump