Traffickers, Iran fuel smugglers collide: 9 dead
Tehran: Nine people were burnt to death
on Thursday when a car crammed with illegal immigrants collided with
another car loaded with smuggled fuel in southeast Iran, Fars
news agency reported.
"This morning, fuel- and human-smuggling saw nine people
scorched to death in the blaze," local fire department chief
Ebrahim Dakali said, referring to the crash on a road in
"A Peugeot vehicle was carrying illegal foreign
nationals, seven of whom burned to death" in the crash, along
with the two passengers of the other car, he added.
Dakali said five others in the Peugeot were injured and
had been taken to hospital.
The impoverished and sparsely populated province
bordering Pakistan and Afghanistan is notorious for
trafficking of all kinds, including drugs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report