Train crashes into Kenyan bus; 11 dead
Nairobi: A train crashed into a passenger bus as it passed through a rail crossing in the capital, Nairobi, killing at least 11 people, emergency officials on Wednesday said.
Kenya`s National Disaster Operation Centre said the crash also injured several people. Kenya`s Red Cross said at least 11 people were killed in the crash.
Photos showed a white passenger bus half crumpled and tilted on its side. Hundreds of people gathered at the scene.
Road accidents with high death tolls are common in Kenya.
Streets and highways often lack basic safety features such as reflectors or street signs. Most railroad crossings do not have gates or flashing lights.
In addition, crowded buses frequently speed and pass other cars to cut down travel times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you