Train crashes into Kenyan bus; 11 dead
Nairobi: A train crashed into a passenger bus as it passed through a rail crossing in the capital, Nairobi, killing at least 11 people, emergency officials on Wednesday said.
Kenya`s National Disaster Operation Centre said the crash also injured several people. Kenya`s Red Cross said at least 11 people were killed in the crash.
Photos showed a white passenger bus half crumpled and tilted on its side. Hundreds of people gathered at the scene.
Road accidents with high death tolls are common in Kenya.
Streets and highways often lack basic safety features such as reflectors or street signs. Most railroad crossings do not have gates or flashing lights.
In addition, crowded buses frequently speed and pass other cars to cut down travel times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference