Train crashes into Kenyan bus; 11 dead
Nairobi: A train crashed into a passenger bus as it passed through a rail crossing in the capital, Nairobi, killing at least 11 people, emergency officials on Wednesday said.
Kenya`s National Disaster Operation Centre said the crash also injured several people. Kenya`s Red Cross said at least 11 people were killed in the crash.
Photos showed a white passenger bus half crumpled and tilted on its side. Hundreds of people gathered at the scene.
Road accidents with high death tolls are common in Kenya.
Streets and highways often lack basic safety features such as reflectors or street signs. Most railroad crossings do not have gates or flashing lights.
In addition, crowded buses frequently speed and pass other cars to cut down travel times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened