Train crashes into Kenyan bus; 11 dead
Nairobi: A train crashed into a passenger bus as it passed through a rail crossing in the capital, Nairobi, killing at least 11 people, emergency officials on Wednesday said.
Kenya`s National Disaster Operation Centre said the crash also injured several people. Kenya`s Red Cross said at least 11 people were killed in the crash.
Photos showed a white passenger bus half crumpled and tilted on its side. Hundreds of people gathered at the scene.
Road accidents with high death tolls are common in Kenya.
Streets and highways often lack basic safety features such as reflectors or street signs. Most railroad crossings do not have gates or flashing lights.
In addition, crowded buses frequently speed and pass other cars to cut down travel times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part III
- I was told to slim down for 'Pearl Harbor': Kate Beckinsale
- Xiaomi launching Redmi 3A with 4,000mAh battery?
- Houston shooting: Two shot dead including suspect, six left wounded
- Amitabh Bachchan proud of hosting girl child segment at government's gala
- LGBT community won't be free till section 377 exists: Celina Jaitley