Train derailment in Bulgaria kills one, injures 15
Sofia: A passenger train derailed in Bulgaria on Saturday, killing the driver and injuring 15, two seriously, the Transport Ministry and hospital sources said.
The train with some 160 passengers aboard was travelling from Sofia to Varna in the east of the country when it came off the tracks and crashed into a building, according to Kristian Krastev, head of the state-owned railway network.
The accident took place at the Kaloyanovets station in central Bulgaria.
Milcho Lambrev, director-general of the National Railway Infrastructure Company, said the cause of the accident was "probably human error", adding that the part of the railway where the accident occurred had recently been renovated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’