`Transgender` ex-US Navy SEAL reveals living life like woman in `Warrior Princess`
Sydney: A former US Navy SEAL has come out and revealed she is now living life like a woman in her new book.
Kristen Beck, formerly known as Chris, spent 20 years as a member of the elite SEALs, but realised after leaving that she wanted to become a woman, ABC News reports.
According to news.com.au, in her new book Warrior Princess, Beck said she suppressed her sexuality and gender identity for decades while in the Armed Forces.
Co-author Anne Speckhard said Chris wanted to be a girl and felt that she was a girl and consolidated that identity very early on in childhood.
The book revealed that Chris kept her secret while undergoing the intense SEAL training and while serving on battlefields around the world.
According to the book, he wanted to live as a woman during this time, but felt he couldn`t while serving as a SEAL.
After she left in 2011, she felt it was the right time to go for it or at least start by dressing like a woman in his regular life.
Beck announced her decision in a dramatic online post, promising no more disguises and later venturing out to gay bars as a woman.
According to the report, she is undergoing hormone therapy ahead of sexual reassignment surgery, has grown long hair and often wears dresses, Speckhard said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror