Trial of Mubarak`s sons adjourned till April
Cairo: An Egyptian court on Sunday postponed till April 14 the trial of ousted President Hosni Mubarak`s two sons and seven others in connection with unlawfully obtaining 2.5 billion pounds from the sale of a leading bank.
52-year-old Alaa Mubarak and 49-year-old Gamal Mubarak did not attend today`s hearing due to the security situation in the country as the prosecution representative said it was not possible to move the pair from prison to the South Cairo Criminal Court under the present circumstances.
Former Governor of the Central Bank of Egypt Farouq el-Oqda, who was subpoenaed to give his testimony in the case, also did not attend the hearing, MENA news agency reported.
A lawyer the two Mubaraks` called for adjourning the trial to bring out the defendants and question the witnesses.
Alaa and Gamal Mubarak are facing charges of violating stock market and central bank rules to make unlawful profits through dealing in shares of Al-Watany Bank of Egypt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win