Trial of Mubarak`s sons adjourned till April
Cairo: An Egyptian court on Sunday postponed till April 14 the trial of ousted President Hosni Mubarak`s two sons and seven others in connection with unlawfully obtaining 2.5 billion pounds from the sale of a leading bank.
52-year-old Alaa Mubarak and 49-year-old Gamal Mubarak did not attend today`s hearing due to the security situation in the country as the prosecution representative said it was not possible to move the pair from prison to the South Cairo Criminal Court under the present circumstances.
Former Governor of the Central Bank of Egypt Farouq el-Oqda, who was subpoenaed to give his testimony in the case, also did not attend the hearing, MENA news agency reported.
A lawyer the two Mubaraks` called for adjourning the trial to bring out the defendants and question the witnesses.
Alaa and Gamal Mubarak are facing charges of violating stock market and central bank rules to make unlawful profits through dealing in shares of Al-Watany Bank of Egypt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?