Trial on Italy cruise wreck adjourned to July 17
Grosseto: The trial of Francesco Schettino, captain of the ill-fated Costa Concordia cruise ship, was adjourned to July 17 shortly after opening in the Italian city of Grosseto Tuesday because of a national lawyers` strike.
Schettino is charged with multiple manslaughter over the 32 people who lost their lives.
He is accused of abandoning the ship while terrified passengers were still inside in the January 13, 2012, disaster.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog