Tribe in Sudan`s Darfur says 100 killed in new fighting
Khartoum: Fighting between two Arab tribes has killed 100 people in Sudan`s Darfur region, where worsening unrest has left hundreds dead this year, one of them said on Sunday.
The battle between a group of Rezeigat and the rival Maaliya tribe happened near Adila in East Darfur state on Saturday.
"We clashed with Maaliya... And we destroyed a compound of theirs and killed 70 of them," said a Rezeigat source, who declined to be named.
"We lost 30 of our men.
"There is still high tension and men from both sides are gathered," the source said.
A Maaliya source told AFP: "We still expect more fighting today."
He said the Rezeigat "attacked" and burned villages.
The Maaliya source declined to say how many from his tribe had died but said his group "killed 40" of their adversaries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!