Tribunal judges order Mladic health report
The Hague: Judges at the
Yugoslav war crimes tribunal have ordered a full medical
checkup of ailing genocide suspect Gen Ratko Mladic after he
said he was too ill to attend a hearing last week.
Judges say in a written order that a complete picture of
the 69-year-old former Bosnian Serb military chief`s health
will help them "better assess whether and to what extent his
health condition could affect the preparation of the upcoming
The order published today comes amid a slew of health
complaints from Mladic since he arrived at the UN court`s
detention unit in May following his arrest in Serbia after 16
years on the run.
Mladic has been suffering the effect of a kidney stone,
had surgery for a hernia and been hospitalised with pneumonia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'