Tribunal judges order Mladic health report
The Hague: Judges at the
Yugoslav war crimes tribunal have ordered a full medical
checkup of ailing genocide suspect Gen Ratko Mladic after he
said he was too ill to attend a hearing last week.
Judges say in a written order that a complete picture of
the 69-year-old former Bosnian Serb military chief`s health
will help them "better assess whether and to what extent his
health condition could affect the preparation of the upcoming
The order published today comes amid a slew of health
complaints from Mladic since he arrived at the UN court`s
detention unit in May following his arrest in Serbia after 16
years on the run.
Mladic has been suffering the effect of a kidney stone,
had surgery for a hernia and been hospitalised with pneumonia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena