Tripathi family awaits word on body found in river
Boston: Forensic officials in Rhode Island are trying to determine whether a body found in the Providence River is that of the missing Indian-American student Sunil Tripathi, who has been missing since mid-March.
The medical examiner`s office is planning an autopsy, but a spokeswoman says she`s unsure whether an identity will be immediately confirmed, ABC News reported.
City police say members of the Brown crew team found the body on Tuesday in waters off a city park.
Authorities say the man appeared to be in his 20s. They say it`s possible he may be 22-year-old Tripathi.
Tripathi`s family says he was on leave from the Ivy League school and living with classmates in Providence.
Last week, the Brown University student was falsely accused of being one of the Boston Marathon bombers on social media websites.
An initial police sweep of Tripathi`s room found his cellphone, credit card, ID, and other personal items, but his sister said his glasses and Philadelphia Eagles wool cap were gone.
The FBI has been assisting Providence police in the investigation, said Special Agent Greg Comcowich, a spokesman for the FBI`s Boston division, last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks