Tropical Storm kills 27 in Philippines
Manila: A powerful tropical storm in the Philippines has left 27 people dead, authorities said Saturday.
Son-Tinh has wrecked havoc in three northern provinces. Nine people were missing, the national disaster risk reduction and management council (NDRRMC) said.
Of the 27 victims, 15 were killed by drowning, while others were killed after they were hit by fallen trees, electrocution and landslide, Xinhua reported.
About 66,800 people were affected, and the economic loss was estimated at around 55 million pesos (about $1.3 million).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!