Tropical Storm kills 27 in Philippines
Manila: A powerful tropical storm in the Philippines has left 27 people dead, authorities said Saturday.
Son-Tinh has wrecked havoc in three northern provinces. Nine people were missing, the national disaster risk reduction and management council (NDRRMC) said.
Of the 27 victims, 15 were killed by drowning, while others were killed after they were hit by fallen trees, electrocution and landslide, Xinhua reported.
About 66,800 people were affected, and the economic loss was estimated at around 55 million pesos (about $1.3 million).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days