Tropical wave`s rains flood airport in Dominica
Roseau: Rains from a passing tropical wave have flooded an airport and knocked out power to roughly 3,000 people on the eastern Caribbean island of Dominica.
Emergency officials say muddy floodwaters have forced the closure of low-lying Canefield Airport, one of the island`s two airports. Erosion has toppled several utility poles, leaving some towns without power.
The National Hurricane Centre in Miami said on Sunday that the tropical wave is moving away from the Lesser Antilles Islands and heading westward at 20 mph (32 kph). The tropical system could arrive in Mexico`s Yucatan Peninsula by Wednesday.
On Saturday, rainfall from the system triggered floods in Trinidad and Tobago. Officials say two people died and two others went missing when floodwaters surged through Trinidad`s western town of Diego Martin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad