Truth will come out in phone-hacking: Ex-reporter
London: Neville Thurlbeck, former chief reporter of the new defunct News of the World, has warned his former employer that he had information that would be to the "detriment of News International", and added that the truth in the case will eventually come out.
Thurlbeck, who was a key figure at the tabloid reflected
in the ‘for Neville’ email, today said he "took no part in the matter which led to my dismissal".
He was arrested and bailed for alleged phone-hacking in April.
In his first public statement since he was arrested and bailed, Thurlbeck, 49, claimed there was "much I could have said publicly to the detriment of News International", but had so far chosen not to do so.
He was dismissed by Rupert Murdoch`s News International earlier this month, prompting him to sue his former employer for unfair dismissal.
He had applied for "interim relief" at an employment tribunal hearing scheduled to be heard on Friday but he withdrew the case yesterday.
Thurlbeck said in his statement: "Scotland Yard has now made me aware of the reason for my dismissal, a reason which News International has withheld from me for almost a month.
For legal reasons, I am unable to go into the reason cited.
However, I will say this. I took no part in the matter which
has led to my dismissal after 21 years of service".
"I say this most emphatically and with certainty and
confidence that the allegation which led to my dismissal will
eventually be shown to be false. And those responsible for the
action, for which I have been unfairly dismissed, will
eventually be revealed," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees