Trying to cure hiccups, soldier kills comrade
Washington: A US soldier has been charged with killing a fellow soldier by trying to scare him out of hiccups, and by mistake shooting him comrade in the face, News Agency reported.
Both soldiers, joined by a third man, were drinking alcohol and watching football at the time of the incident at Fort Hood Sunday night, authorities said.
"The victim had the hiccups. The suspect pulled out a gun to scare him in order to stop the hiccups," said spokesman Carroll Smith of the Killeen, Texas, police.
Patrick Edward Myers, 27, was charged with manslaughter, after the death of Isaac Lawrence Young, 22, a motor transport operator, the military said.
Police found a man shot in the face and two other men at the residence.
Myers allegedly "produced a handgun and while handling it in an unsafe manner, discharged the handgun striking the victim in the face", police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair