Trying to cure hiccups, soldier kills comrade
Washington: A US soldier has been charged with killing a fellow soldier by trying to scare him out of hiccups, and by mistake shooting him comrade in the face, News Agency reported.
Both soldiers, joined by a third man, were drinking alcohol and watching football at the time of the incident at Fort Hood Sunday night, authorities said.
"The victim had the hiccups. The suspect pulled out a gun to scare him in order to stop the hiccups," said spokesman Carroll Smith of the Killeen, Texas, police.
Patrick Edward Myers, 27, was charged with manslaughter, after the death of Isaac Lawrence Young, 22, a motor transport operator, the military said.
Police found a man shot in the face and two other men at the residence.
Myers allegedly "produced a handgun and while handling it in an unsafe manner, discharged the handgun striking the victim in the face", police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested