Trying to cure hiccups, soldier kills comrade
Washington: A US soldier has been charged with killing a fellow soldier by trying to scare him out of hiccups, and by mistake shooting him comrade in the face, News Agency reported.
Both soldiers, joined by a third man, were drinking alcohol and watching football at the time of the incident at Fort Hood Sunday night, authorities said.
"The victim had the hiccups. The suspect pulled out a gun to scare him in order to stop the hiccups," said spokesman Carroll Smith of the Killeen, Texas, police.
Patrick Edward Myers, 27, was charged with manslaughter, after the death of Isaac Lawrence Young, 22, a motor transport operator, the military said.
Police found a man shot in the face and two other men at the residence.
Myers allegedly "produced a handgun and while handling it in an unsafe manner, discharged the handgun striking the victim in the face", police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'