Trying to cure hiccups, soldier kills comrade
Washington: A US soldier has been charged with killing a fellow soldier by trying to scare him out of hiccups, and by mistake shooting him comrade in the face, News Agency reported.
Both soldiers, joined by a third man, were drinking alcohol and watching football at the time of the incident at Fort Hood Sunday night, authorities said.
"The victim had the hiccups. The suspect pulled out a gun to scare him in order to stop the hiccups," said spokesman Carroll Smith of the Killeen, Texas, police.
Patrick Edward Myers, 27, was charged with manslaughter, after the death of Isaac Lawrence Young, 22, a motor transport operator, the military said.
Police found a man shot in the face and two other men at the residence.
Myers allegedly "produced a handgun and while handling it in an unsafe manner, discharged the handgun striking the victim in the face", police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video