Tunisia is now stable: Ambassador
St Petersburg: After the ouster of the authoritarian regime of Zine El Abidine Ben Ali the situation in Tunisia can be described as stable, Tunisia`s Ambassador to the Russian Federation, Khemaies Jhinaoui, has said.
The ambassador said that the recent developments in his country were a popular revolution initiated by youth, who demanded political, social, and economic changes in their country.
The new government of national unity has started its activities with the public administration reform, getting rid of the legacy left by the former ruler, who has fled to Saudi Arabia after 23 years in office.
With the Foreign Minister Ahmed Ounaies having just paid a visit to Paris, the ambassador said the current leadership of Tunisia was taking steps to make a mark on the global forum as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price