Tunisia sentences Ben Ali over revolt deaths
Tunis: A Tunisian military court has sentenced former president Zine El Abidine Ben Ali to a second life term in absentia for complicity in the killing of protesters in the greater Tunis area as well as five others governorates, Xinhua reported on Thursday.
It is the second time the ousted president, who found asylum in Saudi Arabia, has been sentenced to life imprisonment.
Ali`s former top security aide Ali Seriati was handed 20 years in prison, former defence minister Ridha Grira was sentenced to 15 years imprisonment, and a top security official at the Ministry of the Interior, Ali Boudriga, received 10 years sentence.
A few months ago, another military court in Le Kef city had sentenced Ali on similar charges for complicity in the murder of protesters during the riots of 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!