Turkey: 17 soldiers killed in helicopter crash
Ankara: Turkish media say 17 soldiers have been killed in a helicopter crash in the country`s southeast.
Channel 24 says the helicopter crashed in the district of Pervari in Siirt province on today morning. It cites the provincial governor, Ahmet Aydin.
State-run TRT television says the crash occurred in heavy fog in a mountainous area.
Authorities are investigating the cause. Kurdish rebels are active in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation