Turkey: 17 soldiers killed in helicopter crash
Ankara: Turkish media say 17 soldiers have been killed in a helicopter crash in the country`s southeast.
Channel 24 says the helicopter crashed in the district of Pervari in Siirt province on today morning. It cites the provincial governor, Ahmet Aydin.
State-run TRT television says the crash occurred in heavy fog in a mountainous area.
Authorities are investigating the cause. Kurdish rebels are active in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal