Turkey agrees to stay out of Iran on nuke issue
Washington: Turkey has agreed to stay out of
international efforts to pressure Iran on nuclear issue, a senior US official has said.
During a 45-minute conversation with her Turkish
counterpart, Ahmet Davutoglu, US Secretary of State Hillary
Clinton, asked him to leave the issue to UN Security Council
and the International Atomic Energy Agency, the official told
reporters on condition of anonymity.
"They reviewed a wide range of subjects during the call,
including the situation with respect to Iran. Clinton also
talked to the foreign minister and reiterated USA`s commitment
to help with the PKK as a designated Foreign Terrorist
Organisation," State Department spokesman, P J Crowley, told
"The PKK remains a common enemy of Turkey, US and Iraq
and is a threat to the stability of the region. And we
continue to support efforts by Turkey and Iraq to deal with
the problem of the PKK," he said.
The outlawed Kurdistan Workers` Party (PKK), considered a
terrorist group by Ankara and much of the international
community -- has been waging a 25-year-old campaign for
Kurdish self-rule that has claimed some 45,000 lives.
Clinton encouraged the foreign minister to continue
important dialogue with Israel because that relationship
remains a vitally important one to the future of the region,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway