Turkey, Armenia to sign diplomatic ties deal
Ankara: A landmark deal to establish ties between long-time foes Turkey and Armenia is to be signed on October 10 in Zurich, Switzerland, a Turkish official said on Sunday on condition of anonymity.
"The signing is planned to take place on October 10 in Zurich," the official said.
The Foreign Ministers of the two countries are expected to ink two protocols, the texts of which had been agreed earlier, he said.
Long estranged by a bloody history, Turkey and Armenia announced last month they had hammered out two protocols that call for the establishment of diplomatic ties and re-opening their border, setting also a timetable for a series of steps to improve ties.
In order to take effect, the protocols will need the ratification of the Turkish and Armenian Parliaments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert