Turkey, Armenia to sign diplomatic ties deal
Ankara: A landmark deal to establish ties between long-time foes Turkey and Armenia is to be signed on October 10 in Zurich, Switzerland, a Turkish official said on Sunday on condition of anonymity.
"The signing is planned to take place on October 10 in Zurich," the official said.
The Foreign Ministers of the two countries are expected to ink two protocols, the texts of which had been agreed earlier, he said.
Long estranged by a bloody history, Turkey and Armenia announced last month they had hammered out two protocols that call for the establishment of diplomatic ties and re-opening their border, setting also a timetable for a series of steps to improve ties.
In order to take effect, the protocols will need the ratification of the Turkish and Armenian Parliaments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH