Turkey busts al Qaeda cell, arrests 41
Istanbul: Turkish security forces Tuesday busted an al Qaeda cell in Istanbul and arrested 41 militants, including a rebel leader, Xinhua reported.
Raids were conducted simultaneously in 50 different locations across the country, including Istanbul`s Bagcilar, Esenler and Kartal districts. The police were assisted by special forces teams in the operations.
Halis Bayancuk, the alleged leader of the al Qaeda in Turkey, was among the militants detained.
A local media report said that the al Qaeda militants were planning an attack when they were apprehended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16