Turkey busts al Qaeda cell, arrests 41
Istanbul: Turkish security forces Tuesday busted an al Qaeda cell in Istanbul and arrested 41 militants, including a rebel leader, Xinhua reported.
Raids were conducted simultaneously in 50 different locations across the country, including Istanbul`s Bagcilar, Esenler and Kartal districts. The police were assisted by special forces teams in the operations.
Halis Bayancuk, the alleged leader of the al Qaeda in Turkey, was among the militants detained.
A local media report said that the al Qaeda militants were planning an attack when they were apprehended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal