Turkey busts al Qaeda cell, arrests 41
Istanbul: Turkish security forces Tuesday busted an al Qaeda cell in Istanbul and arrested 41 militants, including a rebel leader, Xinhua reported.
Raids were conducted simultaneously in 50 different locations across the country, including Istanbul`s Bagcilar, Esenler and Kartal districts. The police were assisted by special forces teams in the operations.
Halis Bayancuk, the alleged leader of the al Qaeda in Turkey, was among the militants detained.
A local media report said that the al Qaeda militants were planning an attack when they were apprehended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list