Turkey calls for Palestinian unity
Anakara: Turkey`s President has called for
"unity and solidarity" between the Palestinian factions during
a meeting with Hamas chief Khaled Mashaal.
A presidential statement said Abdullah Gul expressed the
need for a reconciliation between Hamas and Fatah at a time
when many in the region are "embracing democracy within the
framework of the Arab spring."
Gul met with Hamas` exiled leader in Istanbul on Saturday
as reconciliation efforts have encountered new obstacles.
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas has said he
cannot form an interim government to prepare for elections
unless he has Israeli assurances that elections are also held
in east Jerusalem.
Mashaal faces internal opposition from Hamas leaders in
Gaza who are reluctant to hand over authority to Abbas.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!