Turkey calls for Palestinian unity
Anakara: Turkey`s President has called for
"unity and solidarity" between the Palestinian factions during
a meeting with Hamas chief Khaled Mashaal.
A presidential statement said Abdullah Gul expressed the
need for a reconciliation between Hamas and Fatah at a time
when many in the region are "embracing democracy within the
framework of the Arab spring."
Gul met with Hamas` exiled leader in Istanbul on Saturday
as reconciliation efforts have encountered new obstacles.
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas has said he
cannot form an interim government to prepare for elections
unless he has Israeli assurances that elections are also held
in east Jerusalem.
Mashaal faces internal opposition from Hamas leaders in
Gaza who are reluctant to hand over authority to Abbas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands