Turkey is 1st Muslim nation to show Holocaust film
Ankara: Turkey has marked the international Holocaust Remembrance Day by airing a French epic documentary about the Holocaust.
TRT television`s documentary channel showed filmmaker Claude Lanzmann`s "Shoah" late on Thursday, on the eve of the remembrance day.
The filmmaker said this is the first time the film was broadcast on state television in a Muslim country.
The documentary was aired as part of a campaign to promote understanding between Jews and Muslims and to fight Holocaust denial.
Lanzmann worked for 11 years on the film, which was released in 1985.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city