Turkey is 1st Muslim nation to show Holocaust film
Ankara: Turkey has marked the international Holocaust Remembrance Day by airing a French epic documentary about the Holocaust.
TRT television`s documentary channel showed filmmaker Claude Lanzmann`s "Shoah" late on Thursday, on the eve of the remembrance day.
The filmmaker said this is the first time the film was broadcast on state television in a Muslim country.
The documentary was aired as part of a campaign to promote understanding between Jews and Muslims and to fight Holocaust denial.
Lanzmann worked for 11 years on the film, which was released in 1985.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II