Turkey is 1st Muslim nation to show Holocaust film
Ankara: Turkey has marked the international Holocaust Remembrance Day by airing a French epic documentary about the Holocaust.
TRT television`s documentary channel showed filmmaker Claude Lanzmann`s "Shoah" late on Thursday, on the eve of the remembrance day.
The filmmaker said this is the first time the film was broadcast on state television in a Muslim country.
The documentary was aired as part of a campaign to promote understanding between Jews and Muslims and to fight Holocaust denial.
Lanzmann worked for 11 years on the film, which was released in 1985.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP