Turkey military killed 25 militants in Iraq
Ankara: Turkish military carried out cross border military operations into Iraq and staged against 14 targets of the banned Kurdish Workers` Party (PKK) this past week, killing 25 militants of the outfit, an official statement from Turkey said.
The military operations were carried out between September 05 and 09, killing at least 25 PKK militants, Xinhua quoted a statement released by the General Staff of the Turkish Armed Forces as saying.
The Turkish Army also destroyed dozens of shelters for the PKK rebels, several ammunition depots and vehicle with anti aircraft guns during the air attack, the statement said.
The statement came after an earlier announcement Monday about the casualty figures this year in Turkey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble