Turkey military killed 25 militants in Iraq
Ankara: Turkish military carried out cross border military operations into Iraq and staged against 14 targets of the banned Kurdish Workers` Party (PKK) this past week, killing 25 militants of the outfit, an official statement from Turkey said.
The military operations were carried out between September 05 and 09, killing at least 25 PKK militants, Xinhua quoted a statement released by the General Staff of the Turkish Armed Forces as saying.
The Turkish Army also destroyed dozens of shelters for the PKK rebels, several ammunition depots and vehicle with anti aircraft guns during the air attack, the statement said.
The statement came after an earlier announcement Monday about the casualty figures this year in Turkey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win
- Tri-Nation series: Darren Bravo, Shannon Gabriel help West Indies topple South Africa
- China renews yellow alert for heat wave
- Navjot Singh Sidhu gets place in Punjab BJP core committee, Anil Joshi out
- She's just 8 months old but parents want mercy killing: Read her story