Turkey military killed 25 militants in Iraq
Ankara: Turkish military carried out cross border military operations into Iraq and staged against 14 targets of the banned Kurdish Workers` Party (PKK) this past week, killing 25 militants of the outfit, an official statement from Turkey said.
The military operations were carried out between September 05 and 09, killing at least 25 PKK militants, Xinhua quoted a statement released by the General Staff of the Turkish Armed Forces as saying.
The Turkish Army also destroyed dozens of shelters for the PKK rebels, several ammunition depots and vehicle with anti aircraft guns during the air attack, the statement said.
The statement came after an earlier announcement Monday about the casualty figures this year in Turkey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'