Turkey offers talks with Israel to end Gaza attack
Ankara: Turkey has a offered to hold talks with Israel to end the escalating crisis in Gaza despite persisting rift between the two nations, a media report said.
Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc told reporters late Thursday that Turkey expects Israel to immediately halt the attacks on Gaza, which have left at least 20 Palestinians dead, including many civilians and infants, saying that these attacks have no moral and legal basis, Xinhua quoted Today`s Zaman daily as saying.
Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said Thursday Ankara would take steps at international institutions for necessary measures against Israel for its "aggressive position" against Gaza.
Turkish-Israeli relations collapsed after eight Turkish nationals and one Turkish American were killed when the Israeli Navy attacked an international aid flotilla, trying to break an Israeli blockade of Gaza in May 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read