Turkey says 18 Kurdish rebels killed
Istanbul: A Turkish news agency says the military has killed 18 Kurdish rebels in an offensive in southeastern Turkey that followed a militant attack on a town in the area.
The Anadolu agency today quoted the governor`s office of Sirnak province as saying that one soldier also died in the operation near the Iraqi border.
The fighting has occurred around Beytussebap town, where Kurdish militants who seek self-rule attacked government targets earlier this week, killing 10 police and soldiers.
Media reports say the Turkish military has attacked suspected rebel positions with jet fighters and helicopters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!