Turkey says 18 Kurdish rebels killed
Istanbul: A Turkish news agency says the military has killed 18 Kurdish rebels in an offensive in southeastern Turkey that followed a militant attack on a town in the area.
The Anadolu agency today quoted the governor`s office of Sirnak province as saying that one soldier also died in the operation near the Iraqi border.
The fighting has occurred around Beytussebap town, where Kurdish militants who seek self-rule attacked government targets earlier this week, killing 10 police and soldiers.
Media reports say the Turkish military has attacked suspected rebel positions with jet fighters and helicopters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: World's fastest helicopter that may revolutionise air travel!
- STOP IT! Why it's unfair to dub Angurlata Deka as Assam's 'Hot MLA'
- SHOCKING VIDEO: Argentine footballer dies after being struck in head
- Is this for real? Anushka Sharma – Virat Kohli spotted together with a fan – See pic
- Yes I am upset with Mika: Krushna Abhishek speaks on singer shooting for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'