Turkey says 18 Kurdish rebels killed
Istanbul: A Turkish news agency says the military has killed 18 Kurdish rebels in an offensive in southeastern Turkey that followed a militant attack on a town in the area.
The Anadolu agency today quoted the governor`s office of Sirnak province as saying that one soldier also died in the operation near the Iraqi border.
The fighting has occurred around Beytussebap town, where Kurdish militants who seek self-rule attacked government targets earlier this week, killing 10 police and soldiers.
Media reports say the Turkish military has attacked suspected rebel positions with jet fighters and helicopters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what