Turkey slams France over genocide bill
Anakara: Turkey`s Prime Minister on Saturday
sharply criticised France for a bill to make it a crime to
deny that the World War I-era mass killing of Armenians was
Saying France should investigate what he said was its own
"dirty and bloody history" in Algeria and Rwanda, Recep Tayyip
Erdogan insisted Turkey would respond "through all kinds of
Historians estimate that up to 1.5 million Armenians were
killed by Ottoman Turks as their Empire collapsed, an event
many international experts regard as genocide and that France
recognised as such in 2001.
Turkish leaders reject the term, arguing that the toll is
inflated and that those killed were victims of civil war and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- 17 die in fire at Ukraine home for elderly
- PM Narendra Modi to visit five nations from June 4; to take up black money issue with Swiss President
- Sharks possess distinct personalities like humans
- 'Sultan' new poster: See robust Salman Khan turns 'Golden Sultan' magnifying the aura!
- Bihar class 10th result 2016 declared; check Bihar Board Matric class 10 Results 2016 on biharboard.bih.nic.in