Turkey slams France over genocide bill
Anakara: Turkey`s Prime Minister on Saturday
sharply criticised France for a bill to make it a crime to
deny that the World War I-era mass killing of Armenians was
Saying France should investigate what he said was its own
"dirty and bloody history" in Algeria and Rwanda, Recep Tayyip
Erdogan insisted Turkey would respond "through all kinds of
Historians estimate that up to 1.5 million Armenians were
killed by Ottoman Turks as their Empire collapsed, an event
many international experts regard as genocide and that France
recognised as such in 2001.
Turkish leaders reject the term, arguing that the toll is
inflated and that those killed were victims of civil war and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India