Turkey slams France over genocide bill
Anakara: Turkey`s Prime Minister on Saturday
sharply criticised France for a bill to make it a crime to
deny that the World War I-era mass killing of Armenians was
Saying France should investigate what he said was its own
"dirty and bloody history" in Algeria and Rwanda, Recep Tayyip
Erdogan insisted Turkey would respond "through all kinds of
Historians estimate that up to 1.5 million Armenians were
killed by Ottoman Turks as their Empire collapsed, an event
many international experts regard as genocide and that France
recognised as such in 2001.
Turkish leaders reject the term, arguing that the toll is
inflated and that those killed were victims of civil war and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read