Turkey urges Muslims to ignore French `comic book biography` of Prophet Mohammed
Ankara: Turkey has urged Muslims to ignore the `comic book biography` of Islam`s founder by a French magazine and condemned its publication.
On Thursday, Turkey`s Deputy Prime Minister Bekir Bozdag was quoted by Anatolia news agency as saying that though some people saw the act as "freedom of expression, but swearing, insulting and showing disrespect for people`s faith are not freedom of expression".
Bozdag also urged all Muslims to ignore such `provocateurs`.
Turkey`s European Union Affairs Minister Egemen Bagis blasted the book as a "rag".
Charlie Hebdo satirical weekly had on Wednesday published the controversial book.
Earlier, the magazine`s office was firebombed after it had printed controversial cartoons sparking protests worldwide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest