Turkey urges Muslims to ignore French `comic book biography` of Prophet Mohammed
Ankara: Turkey has urged Muslims to ignore the `comic book biography` of Islam`s founder by a French magazine and condemned its publication.
On Thursday, Turkey`s Deputy Prime Minister Bekir Bozdag was quoted by Anatolia news agency as saying that though some people saw the act as "freedom of expression, but swearing, insulting and showing disrespect for people`s faith are not freedom of expression".
Bozdag also urged all Muslims to ignore such `provocateurs`.
Turkey`s European Union Affairs Minister Egemen Bagis blasted the book as a "rag".
Charlie Hebdo satirical weekly had on Wednesday published the controversial book.
Earlier, the magazine`s office was firebombed after it had printed controversial cartoons sparking protests worldwide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?