Turkey: Woman killed in bomb blast
Ankara: Turkey`s state-run television says a woman was killed when a bomb she was carrying went off in Istanbul.
TRT television says police found the woman`s body on a street in Istanbul`s Sancaktepe neighbourhood late on Thursday, shortly after residents reported an explosion.
Police were trying to determine whether the woman, who was in her 30s, was a suicide bomber or whether she was killed when the bomb went off prematurely, before she had the chance to plant it.
Kurdish rebels who are fighting Turkey for autonomy have staged bomb attacks, including suicide bombings, in the city in the past.
The conflict has killed tens of thousands of people since 1984.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony