Turkey`s Erdogan meets Hamas leader
Ankara (Turkey): Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan is meeting Hamas chief Khalid Mashaal in Ankara.
An aide to Erdogan said the two would discuss "regional developments" during their meeting today, but gave no further details.
Erdogan has forged close ties to Hamas and this is Mashaal`s third visit to the Turkish capital since September 2012.
The two men last met in June to discuss efforts toward reconciliation between the rival Palestinian factions, Fatah and Hamas.
Erdogan has long announced plans to visit Gaza but the aide said the issue was not on the agenda today. The aide spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the meeting publicly.
Hamas militants seized control of Gaza in 2007, following several days of fighting against forces loyal to Fatah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?