Turkish border schools closed due to Syrian clashes
Istanbul: Schools were closed in the Turkish town of Ceylanpinar bordering Syria on Thursday due to the intensified clashes in Syria.
Turkish Dogan News Agency reported that locals in the border town of Ceylanpinar spent an anxious night as Syrian soldiers and opposition militants battled for control of the border post throughout last night.
Officials from the Ceylanpinar Municipality warned residents not to approach the border with Syria. Armored vehicles have been lined up at the border post.
Residents remained on edge in fear that the fight could spill into Turkey, while authorities also canceled school classes as a precaution.
People wounded in the fight were carried across the border to Ceylanpinar for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP