Turkish border schools closed due to Syrian clashes
Istanbul: Schools were closed in the Turkish town of Ceylanpinar bordering Syria on Thursday due to the intensified clashes in Syria.
Turkish Dogan News Agency reported that locals in the border town of Ceylanpinar spent an anxious night as Syrian soldiers and opposition militants battled for control of the border post throughout last night.
Officials from the Ceylanpinar Municipality warned residents not to approach the border with Syria. Armored vehicles have been lined up at the border post.
Residents remained on edge in fear that the fight could spill into Turkey, while authorities also canceled school classes as a precaution.
People wounded in the fight were carried across the border to Ceylanpinar for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISRO to launch weather satellite next month
- WATCH: Mohammad Amir dismisses England's Alex Hales with an absolute peach of a delivery
- In Indonesia, eat sumptuous food served in a commode literally! – Must Watch
- Unbelievable! This son of a billionaire works as aam aadmi
- Fresh clashes in Kashmir; one youth killed in firing, death toll rises to 45