Turkish border schools closed due to Syrian clashes
Istanbul: Schools were closed in the Turkish town of Ceylanpinar bordering Syria on Thursday due to the intensified clashes in Syria.
Turkish Dogan News Agency reported that locals in the border town of Ceylanpinar spent an anxious night as Syrian soldiers and opposition militants battled for control of the border post throughout last night.
Officials from the Ceylanpinar Municipality warned residents not to approach the border with Syria. Armored vehicles have been lined up at the border post.
Residents remained on edge in fear that the fight could spill into Turkey, while authorities also canceled school classes as a precaution.
People wounded in the fight were carried across the border to Ceylanpinar for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves