Turkish border schools closed due to Syrian clashes
Istanbul: Schools were closed in the Turkish town of Ceylanpinar bordering Syria on Thursday due to the intensified clashes in Syria.
Turkish Dogan News Agency reported that locals in the border town of Ceylanpinar spent an anxious night as Syrian soldiers and opposition militants battled for control of the border post throughout last night.
Officials from the Ceylanpinar Municipality warned residents not to approach the border with Syria. Armored vehicles have been lined up at the border post.
Residents remained on edge in fear that the fight could spill into Turkey, while authorities also canceled school classes as a precaution.
People wounded in the fight were carried across the border to Ceylanpinar for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?