Turkish commandos capture 5 pirates off Somalia
Ankara: The Turkish military says navy commandos aboard a Turkish frigate have captured five pirates in the Gulf of Aden.
The military says in a statement that the commandos
aboard the TCG Gediz frigate, part of a NATO force patrolling
the seas, raided the skiff today morning upon a request to
block it before it could attack a ship.
It says a navy helicopter aboard a second Turkish
frigate, the TCG Gaziantep, also took part in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video