Turkish fighter jets repel Syrian aircraft: Military
Ankara: Turkish fighter jets Thursday repelled a Syrian warplane and military helicopter after officials spotted the aircraft approaching the border, the Turkish military said in a statement.
The statement issued by the General Staff of the Turkish Armed Forces said two Turkish F-16 fighter jets were dispatched to the Karbeyaz neighbourhood in the southern Hatay province to intercept a Syrian MIG-21 warplane, Xinhua reported.
It said that the Syrian aircraft returned 3.2 miles short of the Turkish border.
In a separate incident, two F-16 Turkish fighter jets were sent to Nusaybin district of Mardin to intercept a Syrian IL-76 helicopter, said the statement, adding that the helicopter had to turn back 2.5 miles short of the Turkish border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH