Turkish fighter jets repel Syrian aircraft: Military
Ankara: Turkish fighter jets Thursday repelled a Syrian warplane and military helicopter after officials spotted the aircraft approaching the border, the Turkish military said in a statement.
The statement issued by the General Staff of the Turkish Armed Forces said two Turkish F-16 fighter jets were dispatched to the Karbeyaz neighbourhood in the southern Hatay province to intercept a Syrian MIG-21 warplane, Xinhua reported.
It said that the Syrian aircraft returned 3.2 miles short of the Turkish border.
In a separate incident, two F-16 Turkish fighter jets were sent to Nusaybin district of Mardin to intercept a Syrian IL-76 helicopter, said the statement, adding that the helicopter had to turn back 2.5 miles short of the Turkish border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love