Turkish fighter jets repel Syrian aircraft: Military
Ankara: Turkish fighter jets Thursday repelled a Syrian warplane and military helicopter after officials spotted the aircraft approaching the border, the Turkish military said in a statement.
The statement issued by the General Staff of the Turkish Armed Forces said two Turkish F-16 fighter jets were dispatched to the Karbeyaz neighbourhood in the southern Hatay province to intercept a Syrian MIG-21 warplane, Xinhua reported.
It said that the Syrian aircraft returned 3.2 miles short of the Turkish border.
In a separate incident, two F-16 Turkish fighter jets were sent to Nusaybin district of Mardin to intercept a Syrian IL-76 helicopter, said the statement, adding that the helicopter had to turn back 2.5 miles short of the Turkish border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song