Turkish fighter jets repel Syrian aircraft: Military
Ankara: Turkish fighter jets Thursday repelled a Syrian warplane and military helicopter after officials spotted the aircraft approaching the border, the Turkish military said in a statement.
The statement issued by the General Staff of the Turkish Armed Forces said two Turkish F-16 fighter jets were dispatched to the Karbeyaz neighbourhood in the southern Hatay province to intercept a Syrian MIG-21 warplane, Xinhua reported.
It said that the Syrian aircraft returned 3.2 miles short of the Turkish border.
In a separate incident, two F-16 Turkish fighter jets were sent to Nusaybin district of Mardin to intercept a Syrian IL-76 helicopter, said the statement, adding that the helicopter had to turn back 2.5 miles short of the Turkish border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS