Turkish fighter jets repel Syrian aircraft: Military
Ankara: Turkish fighter jets Thursday repelled a Syrian warplane and military helicopter after officials spotted the aircraft approaching the border, the Turkish military said in a statement.
The statement issued by the General Staff of the Turkish Armed Forces said two Turkish F-16 fighter jets were dispatched to the Karbeyaz neighbourhood in the southern Hatay province to intercept a Syrian MIG-21 warplane, Xinhua reported.
It said that the Syrian aircraft returned 3.2 miles short of the Turkish border.
In a separate incident, two F-16 Turkish fighter jets were sent to Nusaybin district of Mardin to intercept a Syrian IL-76 helicopter, said the statement, adding that the helicopter had to turn back 2.5 miles short of the Turkish border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF's AN-32 transport aircraft with 29 on board goes missing; massive search operation launched
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Cook, Root tons help hosts post 314/4 on Day 1
- Low-cost cancer treatment should be priority: NITI Aayog CEO
- SC orders medical board in abnormal foetus case
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting