Turkish flights banned from Syrian airspace
Damascus: Syria has reportedly banned Turkish Airline flight from entering its airspace, as per Syria’s news agency SANA.
The ban on Turkish flights is in retaliation to Turkey intercepting a plane that was headed to Syria, Syrian foreign ministry said, as per reports.
The decision came three days after Turkey intercepted a Syrian passenger plane en route from Moscow to Damascus and seized what it said was military equipment on board.
Tensions between the neighbors have been rising since the uprising against Syrian President Bashar Assad erupted 19 months ago.
Turkey sides with the rebels, providing political support and a rear base. Turkey has also begun retaliating for stray Syrian shells and mortar rounds hitting Turkish soil.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing