Turkish flights banned from Syrian airspace
Damascus: Syria has reportedly banned Turkish Airline flight from entering its airspace, as per Syria’s news agency SANA.
The ban on Turkish flights is in retaliation to Turkey intercepting a plane that was headed to Syria, Syrian foreign ministry said, as per reports.
The decision came three days after Turkey intercepted a Syrian passenger plane en route from Moscow to Damascus and seized what it said was military equipment on board.
Tensions between the neighbors have been rising since the uprising against Syrian President Bashar Assad erupted 19 months ago.
Turkey sides with the rebels, providing political support and a rear base. Turkey has also begun retaliating for stray Syrian shells and mortar rounds hitting Turkish soil.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report