Turkish flights banned from Syrian airspace
Damascus: Syria has reportedly banned Turkish Airline flight from entering its airspace, as per Syria’s news agency SANA.
The ban on Turkish flights is in retaliation to Turkey intercepting a plane that was headed to Syria, Syrian foreign ministry said, as per reports.
The decision came three days after Turkey intercepted a Syrian passenger plane en route from Moscow to Damascus and seized what it said was military equipment on board.
Tensions between the neighbors have been rising since the uprising against Syrian President Bashar Assad erupted 19 months ago.
Turkey sides with the rebels, providing political support and a rear base. Turkey has also begun retaliating for stray Syrian shells and mortar rounds hitting Turkish soil.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet