Turkish man sails 2,500 miles in search of `love`
London: A Turkish stalker of a British woman whom he met seven years ago in Cyprus was arrested after he sailed over 2,500 miles to Britain searching for her.
The 38-year-old, Ramazan Noyan Culum, was on holiday in Cyprus in 2005 when he began harassing pretty Courtney Murray after she served him at a restaurant, The Sun reported.
He is believed to have met the waitress briefly as she served him in a Cypriot restaurant, while he was on a scuba diving holiday in 2005.
He once stole her phone number and is claimed to have repeatedly showed up at her workplace - once wielding a knife - before the terrified Courtney fled back to Britain.
But the `love-struck` businessman refused to give up - writing an online blog begging the blonde to marry him - before setting off by boat on a seven-month quest to track her down.
During his `love` journey, Culum kept updating his blog - "Hunger Strike For Courtney Murray" - where Courtney`s friends and family posted comments calling him a "fruitcake stalker".
Culum was arrested by customs officials, after finding him aboard his tiny yacht in the English Channel following an exhausting 2,500 mile journey. He was now all set to be sent back to Turkey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security