Turkish Marxist group behind attack on US embassy
Ankara: A Turkish Marxist group has claimed responsibility for the suicide attack on the US embassy in Ankara.
Revolutionary People`s Liberation Party-Front, or DHKP-C made this declaration in a statement posted on the internet.
It said the suicide bomber, Ecevit Sanli, carried out the act of "self-sacrifice" on behalf of the group.
In the statement, the outfit accused US of being the “murderers of the world’’.
A government terror expert confirmed the authenticity of the Revolution Liberation website that is linked to the DHKP-C. He spoke on condition of anonymity in line with rules that bar civil servants from speaking to reporters without prior authorization.
Earlier a Turkish news report said police have detained three people in connection with the suicide bomb attack.
Turkey`s private NTV television, quoting unidentified security officials, said police detained the three people today during operations in Ankara and Istanbul. Two of them were being questioned by police in Ankara, while the third was taken into custody in Istanbul and was being brought to Ankara.
The report didn`t identify the suspects or say what roles they may have allegedly played in the attack.
Friday`s attack on the U.S. Embassy in Ankara killed the bomber and a Turkish security guard and seriously wounded a Turkish television journalist.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie