Turkish Marxist group behind attack on US embassy
Ankara: A Turkish Marxist group has claimed responsibility for the suicide attack on the US embassy in Ankara.
Revolutionary People`s Liberation Party-Front, or DHKP-C made this declaration in a statement posted on the internet.
It said the suicide bomber, Ecevit Sanli, carried out the act of "self-sacrifice" on behalf of the group.
In the statement, the outfit accused US of being the “murderers of the world’’.
A government terror expert confirmed the authenticity of the Revolution Liberation website that is linked to the DHKP-C. He spoke on condition of anonymity in line with rules that bar civil servants from speaking to reporters without prior authorization.
Earlier a Turkish news report said police have detained three people in connection with the suicide bomb attack.
Turkey`s private NTV television, quoting unidentified security officials, said police detained the three people today during operations in Ankara and Istanbul. Two of them were being questioned by police in Ankara, while the third was taken into custody in Istanbul and was being brought to Ankara.
The report didn`t identify the suspects or say what roles they may have allegedly played in the attack.
Friday`s attack on the U.S. Embassy in Ankara killed the bomber and a Turkish security guard and seriously wounded a Turkish television journalist.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says