Turkish Marxist group behind attack on US embassy
Ankara: A Turkish Marxist group has claimed responsibility for the suicide attack on the US embassy in Ankara.
Revolutionary People`s Liberation Party-Front, or DHKP-C made this declaration in a statement posted on the internet.
It said the suicide bomber, Ecevit Sanli, carried out the act of "self-sacrifice" on behalf of the group.
In the statement, the outfit accused US of being the “murderers of the world’’.
A government terror expert confirmed the authenticity of the Revolution Liberation website that is linked to the DHKP-C. He spoke on condition of anonymity in line with rules that bar civil servants from speaking to reporters without prior authorization.
Earlier a Turkish news report said police have detained three people in connection with the suicide bomb attack.
Turkey`s private NTV television, quoting unidentified security officials, said police detained the three people today during operations in Ankara and Istanbul. Two of them were being questioned by police in Ankara, while the third was taken into custody in Istanbul and was being brought to Ankara.
The report didn`t identify the suspects or say what roles they may have allegedly played in the attack.
Friday`s attack on the U.S. Embassy in Ankara killed the bomber and a Turkish security guard and seriously wounded a Turkish television journalist.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief