Turkish military plane crashes in Mediterranean
Ankara: A Turkish military plane that went missing on Friday was found to have crashed in the Mediterranean Sea, in Syrian territorial waters, Xinhua reported.
The warplane carrying two pilots disappeared from the radar while flying over the Mediterranean Sea at 11.58 am Turkey time, the Turkish General Staff was quoted as saying by the Dogan news agency.
Turkish search and rescue teams are waiting for permission from Syrian authorities to enter the area to locate the plane.
The military plane took off from the southern Malatya-Erhac air base. The fate of the two pilots was not clear.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says