Turkish military plane crashes in Mediterranean
Ankara: A Turkish military plane that went missing on Friday was found to have crashed in the Mediterranean Sea, in Syrian territorial waters, Xinhua reported.
The warplane carrying two pilots disappeared from the radar while flying over the Mediterranean Sea at 11.58 am Turkey time, the Turkish General Staff was quoted as saying by the Dogan news agency.
Turkish search and rescue teams are waiting for permission from Syrian authorities to enter the area to locate the plane.
The military plane took off from the southern Malatya-Erhac air base. The fate of the two pilots was not clear.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city