Turkish plane struck by lightning lands safely
Moscow: A Turkish plane bound from Istanbul to Izmir made an emergency landing after it was hit by lightning, media reports said.
The passenger aircraft with 114 people on board was preparing to land at Izmir Thursday night when it was struck by lightning, causing an engine to ignite, The Daily Telegraph reported Friday citing Turkish Airlines.
No one was injured as the pilot made a safe emergency landing after activating the motor`s own fire-extinguishing gear.
A passenger captured what was happening on his camera.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'