Turkmenistan president falls from horse
Moscow: Turkmenistan President Gurbanguly Berdymukhamedov narrowly escaped injuries after falling from a horse during a national horse racing event Sunday, BBC reported.
The 55-year-old president left six other riders behind him to win the race, but his horse named Berkarar (The Mighty) stumbled after the finish line, throwing Berdymukhamedov flying over its head and landing heavily on the ground.
The president remained lying still for several seconds on the race track before dozens of security guards rushed over to attend him. He was eventually taken away in an ambulance car.
According to a BBC correspondent, there was silence at the stadium for about half an hour with some people beginning to cry, expecting the worst news.
However, Berdymukhamedov appeared unharmed after 40 minutes and dressed in a national costume he waved at the audience. The crowd greeted him with applause.
Turkmenistan officials later assembled all journalists at the event asking them to delete all footage and video of the incident describing it as a “sporting accident”, BBC reported.
The footage and video, however, were taken out from the stadium.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?