Twelve bodies recovered after Texas plant blast
West (Texas): A Texas law enforcement official says 12 bodies have been recovered following a massive explosion that leveled a fertilizer plant.
Texas Department of Public Safety Sgt. Jason Reyes said today that about 200 people were injured in the explosion at facility Wednesday night in the small farming community of West, about 20 miles (32 kilometers) north of Waco.
Search and rescue crews have been sifting through the still-smoldering remains for survivors. That work continues. The blast crumpled dozens of homes, an apartment building, a school and a nursing home.
Authorities say there`s no indication that the blast was anything other than an industrial accident sparked by a fire. The company has been cited for apparently minor safety and permitting violations over the past decade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket