Twelve killed in coal mine accident in China
Beijing: Twelve miners were killed when
their coal mine was flooded in China`s southwest Guizhou
The accident occurred in Puding County, Anshun City
yesterday when 50 miners were working at a shaft of Dapo Mine
in the county`s Machang Town, a spokesman of the provincial
coal mine safety bureau said today.
Thirty-eight of the miners managed to escape, and one
of them was injured.
The mine managers, who had escaped after the accident,
were caught police said.
The cause of the flooding is under investigation,
Xinhua news agency reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi