Twelve killed in coal mine blast in China
Beijing: Twelve miners were killed and two others injured in a colliery gas explosion in southwest China`s Guizhou Province, local authorities said on Saturday.
The accident happened yesterday at the Dashan coal mine in Pingba county when 30 people were working in the mine, according to the Guizhou Provincial Administration of Work Safety.
After the explosion, 16 miners were lifted from the pit safely but 10 others were found dead.
Four of the injured miners were rushed to the hospital where two of them died, state-run Xinhua news agency said.
Meanwhile, government authorities have ordered the Dashan coal mine to close while a deputy county head who oversees safety work in the county has been suspended pending further investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living