`Twenty people killed in Haiti road accident`
Port-au-Prince: Twenty people were killed in
a major accident on a highway south of Haiti`s capital,
hospital officials said.
"We have counted 20 dead at the Notre-Dame de
Petit-Goave hospital," hospital administrator Joel Charles
told a news agency by phone.
"Seventeen of the bodies were brought to the morgue
and three died after being rushed for treatment by Haitian Red
Cross ambulances," he explained.
About 40 people were injured in the crash between the
capital and the town of Petit-Goave.
"Some of the injuries are critical, a lot of head
trauma and broken bones. We need surgeons," Charles said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India