`Twenty people killed in Haiti road accident`
Port-au-Prince: Twenty people were killed in
a major accident on a highway south of Haiti`s capital,
hospital officials said.
"We have counted 20 dead at the Notre-Dame de
Petit-Goave hospital," hospital administrator Joel Charles
told a news agency by phone.
"Seventeen of the bodies were brought to the morgue
and three died after being rushed for treatment by Haitian Red
Cross ambulances," he explained.
About 40 people were injured in the crash between the
capital and the town of Petit-Goave.
"Some of the injuries are critical, a lot of head
trauma and broken bones. We need surgeons," Charles said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda