`Twenty people killed in Haiti road accident`
Port-au-Prince: Twenty people were killed in
a major accident on a highway south of Haiti`s capital,
hospital officials said.
"We have counted 20 dead at the Notre-Dame de
Petit-Goave hospital," hospital administrator Joel Charles
told a news agency by phone.
"Seventeen of the bodies were brought to the morgue
and three died after being rushed for treatment by Haitian Red
Cross ambulances," he explained.
About 40 people were injured in the crash between the
capital and the town of Petit-Goave.
"Some of the injuries are critical, a lot of head
trauma and broken bones. We need surgeons," Charles said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi