Twin blasts rock Kenya’s Wajir town
Nairobi: At least one person was killed and two others injured Wednesday evening in twin explosions in Kenya`s northern county of Wajir, police said.
Unknown assailants hurled grenades at a crowd of people at a local shopping centre in Wajir town and fled immediately after the attack, Xinhua reported citing Divisional Police Commander Isaiah Odhiambo.
"Unknown criminals hurled explosive devices at the crowd of people in Wajir town around 7:30 p.m., injuring three people whom we have rushed to the hospital. The attackers fled immediately after hurling the explosives," Odhiambo said on telephone.
He said the motive of the attack has not been established and that investigations have been launched.
The incident comes after al Qaeda-linked Somali militants stormed a shopping mall in Nairobi Saturday, killing at least 72 people and injuring at least 175 others.
A series of attacks linked to al Shabaab have recently hit Kenya`s northern areas close to the border with Somalia, including Mandera, Wajir, Garissa and Dadaab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune