Twin car bombings kill 11, injure 30 in Iraqi capital
Baghdad: At least 11 people were killed and more than 30 others injured in two car bomb explosions at a popular market of pet and bird in Kadhimiya area of Iraq`s restive capital city Baghdad on Friday, local police source said.
An official with the local police station told Xinhua on condition of anonymity that the area is a Shi’ite Muslim community and has seen many attacks launched by the Sunni insurgents.
The police have cordoned off the area and sent the injured to nearby hospitals, said the police source.
No one has so far claimed responsibility for the incident. Analysts said Sunni insurgents could possibly be behind the scene.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie