Twin car bombings kill 11, injure 30 in Iraqi capital
Baghdad: At least 11 people were killed and more than 30 others injured in two car bomb explosions at a popular market of pet and bird in Kadhimiya area of Iraq`s restive capital city Baghdad on Friday, local police source said.
An official with the local police station told Xinhua on condition of anonymity that the area is a Shi’ite Muslim community and has seen many attacks launched by the Sunni insurgents.
The police have cordoned off the area and sent the injured to nearby hospitals, said the police source.
No one has so far claimed responsibility for the incident. Analysts said Sunni insurgents could possibly be behind the scene.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list