Twin car bombings kill 11, injure 30 in Iraqi capital
Baghdad: At least 11 people were killed and more than 30 others injured in two car bomb explosions at a popular market of pet and bird in Kadhimiya area of Iraq`s restive capital city Baghdad on Friday, local police source said.
An official with the local police station told Xinhua on condition of anonymity that the area is a Shi’ite Muslim community and has seen many attacks launched by the Sunni insurgents.
The police have cordoned off the area and sent the injured to nearby hospitals, said the police source.
No one has so far claimed responsibility for the incident. Analysts said Sunni insurgents could possibly be behind the scene.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post