Twin car bombs kill 8 in Baghdad
Baghdad: Officials say two car bombs have exploded on a commercial street in eastern Baghdad, killing at least eight people.
Two police officials say the explosions took place around sundown yesterday in the Shiite neighbourhood known as Sadr City. They say at least 20 people were wounded in the attack.
A medical official confirmed the casualty figures.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to brief the media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack