Twin explosions kill at least 20 in Syrian city
Beirut: Amid escalating violence in Syria, twin explosions killed at least 20 soldiers at a military officers` club in the southern city of Daara on Saturday.
As per report, the explosion ocurred at the back garden of the club in the city of Daraa and caused heavy material damage.
“The blasts went off near a branch of the country`s Military Intelligence in Daraa”, UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
The state news agency SANA reported, "two car bomb attacks had hit the city" but provided no further details.
According to a news agency, a third explosion is also said to have taken place near a military post but there is no information on its cause.
The Observatory, which relies on a network of activists on the ground, says the explosions were followed by clashes between regime forces and rebels fighting to topple President Bashar Assad.
(With Agency input)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof