Twin explosions kill at least 20 in Syrian city
Beirut: Amid escalating violence in Syria, twin explosions killed at least 20 soldiers at a military officers` club in the southern city of Daara on Saturday.
As per report, the explosion ocurred at the back garden of the club in the city of Daraa and caused heavy material damage.
“The blasts went off near a branch of the country`s Military Intelligence in Daraa”, UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
The state news agency SANA reported, "two car bomb attacks had hit the city" but provided no further details.
According to a news agency, a third explosion is also said to have taken place near a military post but there is no information on its cause.
The Observatory, which relies on a network of activists on the ground, says the explosions were followed by clashes between regime forces and rebels fighting to topple President Bashar Assad.
(With Agency input)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO