Twin explosions kill at least 20 in Syrian city
Beirut: Amid escalating violence in Syria, twin explosions killed at least 20 soldiers at a military officers` club in the southern city of Daara on Saturday.
As per report, the explosion ocurred at the back garden of the club in the city of Daraa and caused heavy material damage.
“The blasts went off near a branch of the country`s Military Intelligence in Daraa”, UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
The state news agency SANA reported, "two car bomb attacks had hit the city" but provided no further details.
According to a news agency, a third explosion is also said to have taken place near a military post but there is no information on its cause.
The Observatory, which relies on a network of activists on the ground, says the explosions were followed by clashes between regime forces and rebels fighting to topple President Bashar Assad.
(With Agency input)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'