Twin road accidents kill 25 in north Nigeria
Lagos (Nigeria): An official says two road accidents that took place an hour apart have claimed 25 lives on a northern Nigerian road.
Zamfara state spokesman Nuhu Anka said today the first accident occurred yesterday after a bus tire burst on Gusau-Sokoto road. The driver lost control of his vehicle, leading to death of six passengers who were headed to a wedding.
Anka said 19 people died in a second accident involving a bus and a car on the same road, and ten more were injured.
He said reckless driving caused the accidents.
He said the road, which is 230 kilometers long, was not damaged where the accidents occurred, although it has bad patches.
Traffic crashes remain common in Nigeria, a nation with potholed highways and many speeding drivers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi