Twin road accidents kill 25 in north Nigeria
Lagos (Nigeria): An official says two road accidents that took place an hour apart have claimed 25 lives on a northern Nigerian road.
Zamfara state spokesman Nuhu Anka said today the first accident occurred yesterday after a bus tire burst on Gusau-Sokoto road. The driver lost control of his vehicle, leading to death of six passengers who were headed to a wedding.
Anka said 19 people died in a second accident involving a bus and a car on the same road, and ten more were injured.
He said reckless driving caused the accidents.
He said the road, which is 230 kilometers long, was not damaged where the accidents occurred, although it has bad patches.
Traffic crashes remain common in Nigeria, a nation with potholed highways and many speeding drivers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indus era at least 8,000 years old, not 5,500; culminated due to climate change!
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Sunny Leone, Taapsee Pannu – Stars who donned the purple colour in elan!
- 'Get fit in style'! Shraddha Kapoor stuns in casual too!
- Three in three! Shane Watson has never lost T20 final in his first season with team
- It's a wrap for Vidya Balan-Arjun Rampal's 'Kahaani 2'!