Twin Towers replica in Paris for 9/11 anniversary
Paris: A replica of the Twin Towers
destroyed in the September 11 attacks will be built on a
square opposite the Eiffel Tower in Paris to mark the tenth
anniversary of the atrocity, organisers said on Tuesday.
The Eiffel Tower itself will be illuminated by a special
light show later the same day, "The French will never forget"
group that is hosting a series of events next month said in a
US ambassador to Paris Charles Rivkin will inaugurate the
replica that will be constructed on Trocadero square, it said,
adding that the 25-metre (82-foot) towers will bear the names
of the people killed in the attacks.
"The French will never forget" was set up in 2003 by a
group of French entrepreneurs living in the United States to
try and ease the anti-French sentiment sparked by Paris`s
criticism of the US invasion of Iraq.
Nearly 3,000 people were killed in the 2001 attacks,
2,753 at the World Trade Center and the others in attacks on
the Pentagon and in a hijacked plane that crashed in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?