Twitter abuzz with papal jokes as Benedict decides to quit
London: Users of micro blogging platform Twitter have posted some amusing theories on why Pope Benedict XVI has decided to step down.
According to one Twitter users, `the Pope said he`s resigned because he didn`t have the strength to go on. It`s Monday. We all feel like that`.
Another user joked `it`s nothing more than someone realising that white is not their colour #pope.`
According to a news website, other users believed `that his recent use of Twitter may have distracted the Pope from his job.`
The Pope joined Twitter on December 12 and has over 1.5 million followers.
He has tweeted 34 times with his last tweet on Sunday.
"We must trust in the mighty power of Gods mercy. We are all sinners, but His grace transforms us and makes us new," he had tweeted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack