Twitter abuzz with papal jokes as Benedict decides to quit
London: Users of micro blogging platform Twitter have posted some amusing theories on why Pope Benedict XVI has decided to step down.
According to one Twitter users, `the Pope said he`s resigned because he didn`t have the strength to go on. It`s Monday. We all feel like that`.
Another user joked `it`s nothing more than someone realising that white is not their colour #pope.`
According to a news website, other users believed `that his recent use of Twitter may have distracted the Pope from his job.`
The Pope joined Twitter on December 12 and has over 1.5 million followers.
He has tweeted 34 times with his last tweet on Sunday.
"We must trust in the mighty power of Gods mercy. We are all sinners, but His grace transforms us and makes us new," he had tweeted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'