Twitter abuzz with papal jokes as Benedict decides to quit
London: Users of micro blogging platform Twitter have posted some amusing theories on why Pope Benedict XVI has decided to step down.
According to one Twitter users, `the Pope said he`s resigned because he didn`t have the strength to go on. It`s Monday. We all feel like that`.
Another user joked `it`s nothing more than someone realising that white is not their colour #pope.`
According to a news website, other users believed `that his recent use of Twitter may have distracted the Pope from his job.`
The Pope joined Twitter on December 12 and has over 1.5 million followers.
He has tweeted 34 times with his last tweet on Sunday.
"We must trust in the mighty power of Gods mercy. We are all sinners, but His grace transforms us and makes us new," he had tweeted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof