Twitter abuzz with papal jokes as Benedict decides to quit
London: Users of micro blogging platform Twitter have posted some amusing theories on why Pope Benedict XVI has decided to step down.
According to one Twitter users, `the Pope said he`s resigned because he didn`t have the strength to go on. It`s Monday. We all feel like that`.
Another user joked `it`s nothing more than someone realising that white is not their colour #pope.`
According to a news website, other users believed `that his recent use of Twitter may have distracted the Pope from his job.`
The Pope joined Twitter on December 12 and has over 1.5 million followers.
He has tweeted 34 times with his last tweet on Sunday.
"We must trust in the mighty power of Gods mercy. We are all sinners, but His grace transforms us and makes us new," he had tweeted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth