Twitter abuzz with papal jokes as Benedict decides to quit
London: Users of micro blogging platform Twitter have posted some amusing theories on why Pope Benedict XVI has decided to step down.
According to one Twitter users, `the Pope said he`s resigned because he didn`t have the strength to go on. It`s Monday. We all feel like that`.
Another user joked `it`s nothing more than someone realising that white is not their colour #pope.`
According to a news website, other users believed `that his recent use of Twitter may have distracted the Pope from his job.`
The Pope joined Twitter on December 12 and has over 1.5 million followers.
He has tweeted 34 times with his last tweet on Sunday.
"We must trust in the mighty power of Gods mercy. We are all sinners, but His grace transforms us and makes us new," he had tweeted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda