Two adults, five children killed in US fire: Coroner
Gray (Kentucky): A fire that erupted at a rural Kentucky home has killed two adults and five children inside, authorities said.
County Coroner Mike Blevins said the adult victims found inside the ranch-style home yesterday were a woman and her boyfriend. The woman was the mother of three of the children who died, while two other children were from another family, he said.
Further details about their identities were being withheld until relatives were notified. The remains were sent for autopsies, which were likely to take place on Tuesday, Blevins said.
Blevins and state police said the cause of the blaze was still under investigation. Arson investigators were at the scene, but officials said no foul play was suspected.
Knox County is tucked into the southeastern corner of Kentucky in the eastern coal field region. The Gray community is near Corbin about halfway between Lexington, Kentucky and Knoxville, Tennessee.
Troopers said someone called emergency services at 9:57 am yesterday. Firefighters stayed on the scene until the fire was out at 1 pm.
On January 9, four children and their father died in an early morning blaze in Pike County in the Appalachian region of the state about two-and-a-half hours east of Gray.
The mother of those children survived with serious burns. The family had been sleeping near an electric space heater when the fire started, and the space heater likely started the fire, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins